Thursday, June 20, 2013

 
Hi Everyone,
We received an update and a request in regard to CongCong from our friend, Aaron Burns, who is over in China. We are really sad to hear that CongCong is not doing well right now. Aaron talked to Kobe on Tuesday morning and CongCong was coughing up blood and now is at the hospital doing some treatments. The doctors have told CongCong that he needs a bone marrow transplant. I have included some of Aaron's letter so you know how to pray. Please keep CongCong in your prayers and if you feel led to help in any way, Aaron's contact info is below.
 
Aaron writes,
"...In keeping in touch with Kobe and CongCong, I promised CongCong that I would try to visit him sometime this year.  It's difficult to get away from Dongguan with Treasures of Hope and SIGMA, but HE has given me peace and made some time for me to go to Xian to be with CongCong and Kobe from June 29-July 4.  I'm excited about the trip, but also kind of nervous too as it doesn't look like CongCong is doing very well...I just want you to please lift me up as I prepare for the trip that HE would use me and Kobe to encourage the precious life who has struggled so much.  I know that each of you have played a HUGE part in helping and encouraging CongCong and I hope we can all lift him up together.  When I told CongCong that I was coming, his response was, "I hope that I'm still here to see you."  This breaks my heart...things don't seem to be looking good.  

I talked to Kobe, who is really struggling about this, and challenged him that we ultimately have to trust our Father with each situation in life and that HE has a perfect plan and time for all of us here on this earth.  I'm SO thankful that both Kobe and CongCong are believers and trust that as we gather together these days that we can lift and encourage each other for HIS honor and glory."

 

What Can We Do?

Aaron is going to do a "Make A Wish" type event for CongCong.  Knowing that CongCong is weak and tired, he is hoping to have some activities that might provide CongCong rest and comfort for a few days. Aaron is investigating an opportunity for CongCong, Kobe and him to stay in a nice hotel during Aaron's trip to Xi'an - as well planning some activities that would be fun treat for CongCong too. Aaron has been in touch with the GM of the hotel and told him that CongCong has a love for food and cooking and is hoping that the chef there will do kind of a mini-cooking class with CongCong. Aaron writes, "..still thinking of some other special things that we can do that aren't too tiring or upbeat, but I know that HE will put the trip and the perfect contacts together for this special guy! The GM is a foreigner and they are willing to help and do some "extras" for CC."

If somebody is interested in helping out, they can e-mail Aaron at aaronjay0824@gmail.com (please avoid use of sensitive words in your email) and financial donations can be sent to the address below. The money will be used to encourage CongCong while Aaron is there and also to help with some medical expenses.  

 Liberty Baptist Church Missions
   Indicate that it is for Aaron Burns/Encourage CongCong
   Address: Liberty Baptist Chrch
   501 E. Third St.
   Van Wert, OH 45891

 

No comments:

Post a Comment