Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Wow!

Hi Guys,

I received the following email from our friend Aaron in China. He is currently visiting CongCong and Kobe in Xi'an. Wow. This is such amazing news of what God is doing on behalf of CongCong that I couldn't keep this all to myself...I want to share it with you!

Thank you for your continued prayers for CongCong!

 

 

"But seek first the kingdom of HIM and HIS righteousness,
and all these things will be added to you."

                                                                                           

China Update:

Encourage CongCong Trip

About a year and a half ago, I learned about CongCong and his story and situation and my heart immediately went out to him.  I was amazed at how much this life has gone through in being an orphan and now suffering with leukemia. He became a believing brother and needs pr@yers, love, support, and encouragement from his brothers and sisters all over the world.  The university students gathered together to start and encouragement QQ group in which CongCong can talk to us anytime for encouragement, support, or just to talk...the students also have sent him many letter, cards, and a care package. I promised him that sometime this year I would visit him in Xian...so here I am :~).

I arrived to Xian on Saturday, and am SO thankful that HE provided the finances and this opportunity to visit CongCong.  The timing couldn't be any more perfect as Kobe just finished the school semester and is free, CongCong needs some encouragement more than ever as he going through another round of chemo and the next step is to receive a bone marrow transplant.  On Saturday evening, Kobe and I went to visit him in the hospital and CongCong was nothing but smiles as we just sat there and talked...a friend from Qingdao that is also in the area visiting brought homemade cookies and he tried them and loved them.  CongCong is a very ordinary guy who enjoys and is thankful for the simple things in life...it is very clear that he may only a couple friends that take the time to visit him...I hope that through being here, I can find some others who will go spend some time with him regularly.

Sunday morning, Kobe and I went to have some time of pr@yers and study with him.  I was able to share what HE laid on my heart about running the race in H@brews 12 and also about how we need to see HIM first M@tthew 6.  As we shared, there was a father/daughter also in the room and they were listening to us attentively...come to find out they are believers too so we were all able to talk together and how cool that HE arranged a believing family to be in the same room as CongCong...I think now that both know each other are believers that they can talk and encourage each other more as both are going through so much...Kobe said this is a miracle.  Sunday night, we returned to the hospital to take CongCong out for supper and spend the evening together.  Sunday, CongCong received a lot of medication through an IV, a blood transfusion as we were studying, and in the evening before supper a platelet transfusion.

My heart was burdened to do something REAL special for CongCong while I am Xian...knowing that CongCong is weak, I wanted to do something simple, but out of the ordinary and so I booked a standard room at a hotel located in the tallest building in Xian because I thought that it would be a place of comfort and rest, something special, and also if he wants to rest...he can...eat...swim, etc.  Well, HE has his ways of arranging things even better than our plans...I sent an e-mail to the hotel and they are on board to make this "treat" as special as they can.  I have tears in my eyes as I write this because I just know that HE loves this special brother, CongCong, and wants to wrap his arms around him in encouragement...and use us and others in Xian to do it.  The hotel has upgraded our room to an executive suite on the 2nd from the top floor with access to a private lounge where we can get unlimited food anytime we want.  They also want to throw a party for CongCong on Tuesday evening and said that I could invite whoever I want and if I know any of CongCong's friends...they can come.  Because I told them that CongCong has an interest in food and cooking, the French chef is going to do a private cooking class on Wednesday so he can learn to cook an Italian and French dish and the chef is also making a special cake for the party.  I've received e-mails and phone calls from the GM, who is from Germany, his assistant, and the French chef...all saying they want to help as much as they can and that we can count on them making these days the best days of CongCong's life...unbelievable...thank you, J@sus!  Finances are limited, but HE provided this special treat more than anything that I could do or arrange...wow!

PLEASE PR@Y!

CongCong is now in the hospital...and we just talked to the doctor on the phone about him being able to leave for a couple days.  CongCong has to have strength and a certain level of something concerning his blood so that he can leave...I know that HE has arranged these special things and just want CongCong to enjoy them as much as he can...I know that powers all around the world can make a difference...so please, please, please PR@Y...that tomorrow, we can pick him up and that this "treat" will give CongCong and extra boost and that he will feel HIS love more than ever!

Thank you in advance for pr@ying and I'll keep you posted on how things go.  I wanted to send this e-mail as I have a busy day ahead...going now to pick out a new outfit for us to give CongCong (with money given from a USA brother), meet some friends from college, tour a little bit, visit CongCong, and prepare for the activities tomorrow.

HE is SOOO good!!!  Please pr@y!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment